Before diving into Podcast submission sites list lets check What is a podcast submission?- If you started doing a podcast and have less reach or few listeners and you want to reach more people. Then you are in the right place. Creating a podcast is not enough; you need to distribute it so it can reach more listeners. You need to distribute your podcast to places where people are searching for a podcast to listen for example podcast aggregators & directory
In this article, we will list some podcast directories & podcast listing apps similar to apple podcast where you can submit your podcast via RSS feed URL to get more listeners
Most of these apps are just like RSS readers; they don’t host your actual audio file. So you don’t need to submit there your audio file. Only submit RSS feed URL so that they can aggregate your podcast via RSS.
if you want to know more about podcast check here on wikki what is podcast
Podcast submission benefits
- Create awareness for your podcast and brand
- Most of the times easy and free distribution of your podcast
- Sometimes can drive traffic and make backlinks for your blog
- Builds a connection with your audience
- Helps in creating authority
About Top Podcast Directories
- Spotify- founded in 2008. It’s an audio streaming platform. It’s a freemium service. Spotify is available on windows, android, mac, ios. You can submit your podcast to Spotify. It has millions of listeners. For podcast submission on Spotify, you need to paste the link of your podcast RSS feed URL to Spotify with category and description
- Itunes- it is a media player, radio broadcaster & media library from apple. It also has millions of users listening and searching for a podcast. For submitting podcasts here, you need to have an RSS feed URL of your podcast provided by your podcast hosting provider.
- Google Podcast- It’s a podcast player for android users with the help of this you can discover & listen podcast. It can automatically find your RSS feed as google crawler crawl web regularly. If it did not, you can register and submit your podcast RSS feed URL to google podcast. After you submit podcast RSS feed to google podcast, it will start indexing your old and new podcast automatically.
- Google play music- podcasts are now available on google play music; however, it’s only for the US and Canada. We all know millions of people use Google products. It’s an aggregation service for a podcast. They don’t host your podcast there. You need to submit your RSS Feed URL from your podcast host to google play music
- Stitcher- similar service like above it is available on ios, android & windows. You can listen for free; however, for the ad-free experience, you need to buy premium service. Additionally, stitcher has a revenue share program for podcasters. Submitting podcast is similar to other such services you require to submit your podcast RSS feed URL from your podcast host
- Ipodder- It is a directory of podcast feed; you can enter your podcast on ipodder. To submit the podcast, go to the website and click in the above menu “submit podcast” link on the website. Then select category enter your email id and URL of podcast location. Once you submit they will review your submission and make it live within 48 hours
- Soundcloud- Founded in 2008, it a music sharing and audio distribution platform. It has over 175 million users, so you can imagine your podcast potential reach. Unless other services you don’t need RSS feed URL for submission SoundCloud can host your podcast audio file and can provide RSS feed URL for submitting it to other podcast aggregators
- Blubrry- It is a podcasting directory & community with Blubrry. You can host your podcast, make money with the podcast, and can see all the statistics related to your audience interaction with your podcast. It also provides power press plugin for WordPress for easy publishing of podcast on your site
- Spreaker- you can host your podcast on spreaker. It has a massive community of creators & listeners. Additionally, it provides all the necessary tools for podcasters. Like they have a recording app for mobile and desktop and many other things any podcaster needs. They offer a complete solution for podcasting. The app is available for ios and Andriod
- TuneIn- It’s an American audio streaming service that has over 75 million users. They have content related to music, audiobooks, sports, online radio, podcast, live news. For adding your podcast to TuneIn, you need to fill this form.
How you can promote your podcast
- Make video version of podcast submit to the video sites
- Share link on all your media profiles
- Submit to directories and podcast aggregators
- Embed your podcast on your blog
- Collaborate with other podcasters to get followers/subscribers
- Promote your podcast through the email newsletter
Podcast submission sites list for podcast submission
|Podcast submission sites list|
Free Podcast Directory Sites List
if you know any other sites that you want to add to this list of podcast submission sites list comment down below in comment section
Also Read :