Sometimes you plan to start a project, develop business, enhance your brand, launch a website or blog, devise a catalog of services, undertake … When you need a logo, but you are not a designer. You can not make it, or do not know who can help you. So do you want to design something by yourself?
There are two news: one good and another … less good.
The good news is that there are multiple websites that can create logos with various customization options, styles, and colors for free in just a few minutes. The less good is that designing an effective and good logo is not easy. Just clicking is not enough.
Therefore, before telling you where and how to create your logo, let’s introduce something keys.
Eight essential tips to create your online logo
1. Think about what you want to convey for brand value research. But in any case, ask yourself what you want to design, what characteristics you want to represent: Innovation, tradition, sobriety, luxury and so on. What is the target audience for the logo?
2. Determine the element: Signed text, or only text. Is it an acronym for text development, or is it just an acronym? Keep in mind that the more colorful and detailed the logo is, the more complex it is to replicate on certain elements of stationery, merchandise, and even the web. So simper elements are earlier to identify, recognize, and remember.
3. Look for versatility and adaptability. On paper and online environments, keep in mind the minimum copy size required to ensure correct readability. What media do you plan to use to play it? Will the text on the business card be read well? Are you planning to use it as an avatar on Twitter, Facebook or any other social network profile? For example, in this case, check how to perceive it from the mobile device on the user’s timeline: Is it well differentiated? Maybe it’s best to create two works, one that is simpler and the other that takes advantage of all the elements and text.
4. Choose a good color. The more you have, the harder to copy a logo across different applications. If you are curious, you can also do some research on color psychology and related values. Just as you know: red usually means enthusiasm; orange means confidence, green means healthy, but that it is not static. And it will change depending on the country and culture. You should also consider that the palette selected for the logo can be used as the basis for other documents to consolidate the company’s image.
5. Take care of the fonts. There are many and different fonts. In any case, the main thing is that your logo is easy to understand. Again, the less, the more; the simpler, the better.
6. Check for positive and negative versions. If you need to copy the logo to a single color and the logo works in both positive and negative ways, check to see if the logo will cause some understanding problems. Avoid shadows, gradients, and volume boundaries to achieve a better solid color.
7. Be unique … Even though using online design tools is complicated: take some time to use custom options. If in doubt, search and compare designs on the Internet.
8. Register your logo. It is usually forgotten but is essential. In Spain, the agency responsible for registering trademarks and trade names is the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (SPTO). This process is done online.
Are we starting to create the logo?
Top Five free online tools to develop your logo
Select the sector category to which your logo belongs, and decide the text to one or two lines. The system will propose a series of combinations of typography and symbols, in which you can edit colors, size, type … Includes the option to develop business cards, logo application in merchandising … To download the logo file, you will have to register.
Enter the text and the industrial category, and select from the available symbol combinations. You can rotate the design, move the text, change colors, sizes, fonts, add additional text … Then download the logo requires prior registration. The website also offers business card designs, T-shirts, social media headings …
Tools are much simpler than previous tools and are not classified by category or by automatic advice.
You can choose between nearly 500 symbols, then add text and continue to modify the typography, text size, color, and position of the symbol, but only modify other content. To download the logo, you must provide your mail.
This website allows you to design your logo from scratch, or select from ready-made templates. In the first case, you enter the brand, choose typography and colors, and then you have the option to upload your image or choose between symbols provided by the tool. If you prefer to work with a default template, just enter the brand name and mark typography and sector category:
You can select from the proposed combinations, but not modify them with the tool. You will also have to register to download the logo.
Enter the company name and slogan and click the “Make a Free Logo” button to continue. You can search for online icons, change the colors, the fonts, and change the background and shape; also you can add some art texts. The simplest online logo design tool, straightforward and customizable, turns simple logo ideas into reality. It is suitable for all levels of users, Designevo has thousands of templates. In any case, this is a tool for designing bitmap and vector graphic logos without the need for a professional graphics application. If you have low requirements for high resolution, the most important thing is that you don’t need to register.
And you, have you ever used online tools to create a logo?
About the Author…
I am Cathy from designevo.com; I write something about logo design, and our company also about design, you can connect with me on Email: [email protected]